Monday, September 17, 2012

Perfect Ten


Say what you like about Games Workshop, but I think they got it right when they designed the Terminator.

There is just something so determined in the face of a Terminator that says: it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with... it doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Some Terminators just want to watch xenos-infested worlds burn.

In fact, I don't care much for the more animated poses as seen in the new Space Hulk and the Dark Vengeance set; to me, the square "in your face" look is a classic and you shouldn't tamper with a classic.

And say what you want about the Army Painter technique, but I got the other five Terminators that I need to round my squad up to a ten completed in two days with the Army Painter spray paint and a wash of Badab Black.

And if I thought a squad of five looked menacing, a squad of ten looked... at least twice as menacing!

Next up, fifteen Space Marines, hopefully done in a jiffy with Army Painter spray once more.

I'll be back... with pictures once I'm done.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Nice. You can't beat the classics.

Ubique Matt said...

Great looking figures, the Army Painter has worked a treat.

Regards,
Matt

Simon Quinton said...

They look great. I agree the classic look more aggressive to me plodding on under fire