Sunday, May 31, 2015

PSC 1/72 Panzer IV




When I bought the PSC StuG, I reckoned I might as well save on postage and get a tank I don't already have, and so I got myself a workhorse of the German army: the Panzer IV.

I chose to build the model with the schurzen around the turret but not the hull because I didn't want all the details on the hull to be obscured. I used the same colours for the camouflage, but varied the scheme slightly - the StuG had the brown bands adjacent to the green bands, while the Panzer IV had them spaced by the Dark Yellow. This was partly to show that the two vehicles were from different units, as the Peddinghaus decals I bought were for specific tanks, down to their units.


Once again, this was an easy kit to build, and the details are good. The tracks halves didn't quite meet once all the primer and paint were applied though, but I was too lazy to remedy that today.



I still have decals for Panthers and Hanomags, so maybe I will be getting those models too...

3 comments:

Rodger said...

Very very nice work!

Dannoc said...

Great spray job. It looks really good.

captain arjun said...

Thanks, gents. This is a bit addictive, it is...